What kind of hardware do you know of that can provide:
- Very low power consumption (< 5W);
- Silent operation;
- Low cost;
- Compatibility with a major linux distribution, such as debian;
- Internal Solid state disk for booting the OS and basic applications;
- External or internal ports to plugin high capacity HDs (Sata ou USB), for downloads and file serving;
- Two Ethernet ports (for routing and firewalling);
- Optionally a Wifi-port
My guess is that some kind of ARM-based machine would work. I've even given some thoughts on using an old notebook or WindowsCE machine.
Ideally, I want to leave it always on. I want to ssh to it to manage it and maybe run a VNC server. Of course you can't have it all. If it is too slow to send a x264 signal to DVI out, it is ok. But I would like to run some VOIP sw on it.
So, do you know of anything that can be used to that purpose? (please give some links, if possible)
Thanks Luis Fernando