Developers are creative. Not as they create wonderfull GUIs or proof their sense for art with good color combinations, but with code names.
Every project has a code name, sometimes official, sometimes private (with a good reason!). Here are my favourites:
- 1.6 = Donut
- 2.0 = Eclaire (picture of Google's eclaire)
- grml (Live distribution based on Debian GNU/Linux, comes from Austria therefore in German)
- Hustenstopper (cough stopper)
- Eierspass (egg fun)
- Meilenschwein (mile pig, it's a pun with milestone)
- Lackdose-Allergie (lacquer can allergy, it's a pun with lactose allergy)
- Hello-Wien (pun with Halloween, Wien being German for Vienna)
I really like to see the funniest code names you ever heard of. Aren't there any more funny project names?