I have an old 700Mhz Pentium III at home running windows 2000 Server, with a home router set up to pass incoming requests to it and a dyndns account set up so it's easy to find.
Right now I'm using it for a number of things:
- Shared folders + backup inside the home network
- Shared Printer inside the home network
- Web Server
- FTP remote access for my files.
- Remote Desktop in to the home network (thinking about adding vpn service)
- SVN repository
- After I upgrade my wife's laptop from home to pro later this year it will also become a domain controller
- It's the only place I still have access to IE6 any more without setting a up a new virtual machine, so I use it for testing code with that browser.
The question is: What else could I be doing with this machine?
Aditional ideas based on the suggestions:
- Media Server/DVR
- Build server
- Proxy Server
- Continuous Integration Server
- Personal OpenID Provider