Now that SO has launched with a stable and wonderful engine, would I be completely excommunicated for wanting a replicate / evil-twin site running the same engine, but solely for questions of a more off-topic, tongue-in-cheek nature? Sort of how Wikipedia has the Uncyclopedia.
Since SO is largely (if not entirely) community-moderated, this shouldn't theoretically require a lot of extra work on the part of the SO team, and the rep systems could even be kept separate to keep the integrity of SO rep independent of the more casual/informal SU rep.
Questions that would be allowed on the dark side of the stack:
- What is the average cruising airspeed velocity of an unladen European Swallow?
- What is the Answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything?
- How much wood would a woodchuck chuck?
- What is the best geek hangout (ie. cheap beer and free wifi) in the Bay Area?
- Could Kirk kick Picards ass, and exactly how hard on a scale of 1 - 10?
- Is Jon Skeet a real person or a Chinese question-answering sweat shop?
- How badly do you want to be Jon Skeet?
- Could Jon Skeet kick Picards ass, and exactly how hard on a scale of 1 - 33.5k?
P.S. Stack*under*flow.com isn't available, I just liked the pun.
P.P.S. I think that BufferUnderrun.com is the better name.
P.P.P.S. In case the between-the-lines-subtext is lost on you, the question is: Would the community support and use such a dual-site setup; and would the SO staff/implementors consider actually making it a reality? See, there was a real question in here, and while it isn't programming related, it is related to the SO community and the fabric of SO itself. So there.